Parkway Concert Orchestra presents Surprise! on May 20, 2018 in Dedham
Parkway Concert Orchestra, a 50 piece non-profit orchestra conducted by music director Geneviève Leclair, will present Surprise! on Sunday, May 20 at 3 p.m. at Saint Susanna Parish, 262 Needham Street, Dedham. The program includes Brahms's 'Academic Festival Overture,' music from 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,' and Haydn's Symphony No. 94 (Surprise). The concert will feature Maxime Goulet's 'Symphonic Chocolates,' a fun piece pairing sound and flavor. To allow you to enjoy the complete experience, chocolate boxes from Hilliards will be sold during intermission at the cost of $10. This concert is sponsored by Dedham Savings. The program is supported in part by a grant from the Dedham Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency.
Doors will open at 2:30. Donation is $15; $10 for seniors and students; and free for children under 12 years old. For ticket reservations, please call 781-444-5041.
- Johannes Brahms
- Academic Festival Overture, Op. 80
- Brian Bell, assistant conductor
- Howard Shore; Arranged by Douglas E. Wagner
- The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Suite)
- Old Friends and The Adventure Begins — Axe or Sword? — Song of the Lonely Mountain — The Dwarf Lords — Dreaming of Bag End
- Maxime Goulet
- Symphonic Chocolates
- Caramel Chocolate — Dark Chocolate — Mint Chocolate — Coffee-infused Chocolate
- Franz Joseph Haydn
- Symphony No. 94, G Major (Surprise)
- Adagio – Vivace assai — Andante — Menuetto: Allegro molto — Finale: Allegro molto