Parkway Concert Orchestra presents Halloween! on October 29 in Norwood
Parkway Concert Orchestra begins its 73rd season with 'Halloween!' on Sunday, October 29 at 3 p.m. at the First Congregational Church, 100 Winter Street, Norwood. Music Director Geneviève Leclair conducts the 50 piece non-profit orchestra in Rachmaninoff's The Isle of the Dead, Symphonie fantastique (movements 4 and 5), and music from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. The program will feature the world premiere of Arthropod Suite, by Jonathan Peters.
The program is supported in part by a grant from the Norwood Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency. Donation is $15; $10 for seniors and students; and free for children under 12 years old. Doors will open at 2:30 p.m. For ticket reservations please call 781-444-5041.
- James N. Howard, Arranged by Patrick Roszell
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Hedwig’s Theme — Main Titles — Macusa Headquarters — Newt’s Friend — End Titles
- Sergei Rachmaninoff
- The Isle of the Dead, Symphonic Poem, Op. 29
- Jonathan Peters
- Arthropod Suite
- Balletic Butterflies — Gambading Grasshoppers — Assiduous Ants — Spine-tingling Spiders — Circumambulating Centipedes — Dexterous Dragonflies — Bellicose Beetles
- Hector Berlioz
- Symphonie fantastique
- IV. Marche au supplice (March to the Scaffold)
V. Songe d’une nuit de sabbat (Dream of the Night of the Sabbath)