Directions to Parkway Concert Orchestra Venues
This page contains directions to a number of venues the Parkway Concert Orchestra preforms at regularly. The performance spaces included on this page are the First Congregational Church in Norwood, St. Mary’s Church in East Walpole, St. Susanna Parish in Dedham, Holy Name Parish in West Roxbury and St. Theresa School in West Roxbury.
Directions to First Congregational Church, Norwood
100 Winter Street
Norwood, MA 02062
- From Rte. 128 (I95), take Exit 15B, Rte. 1 South to Norwood.
- After about 3 miles, passing Honda, Chevrolet and Sunoco, watch for green sign that says "Norwood Center".
- Go up ramp to right, following "Norwood Center" sign.
- At top of ramp, make 1st right onto Nahatan Street to Norwood Center.
- At 6th set of lights (Town Hall on right, two churches on opposite corners across street), take a left onto Washington Street. Washington Street is the main street of town, also known as Rte. 1A.
- Follow Washington Street through two sets of lights.
- At 3rd set of lights, the road forks: Stay right (on 1A South), pass library and office building on the right.
- At lights you will see First Congregational Church across the street on the right. Turn right at this light (Winter Street).
- Go past the circular drive in front and take the next left into main church parking.
Directions to Holy Name Parish
1689 Centre Street, West Roxbury
(These directions to Holy Name Parish are available from their website as well.)
Follow the Jamaicaway. Pass Jamaica Pond on the right; there is a rotary and a set of traffic lights. About a ¼ mile is another rotary—follow Centre Street, which is the first right (landmark: The Monastery of the Poor Clare Nuns will be on left).
Drive past Faulkner Hospital on right; at second traffic signal (just beyond the Hebrew Rehabilitation Center on the left), bear left continuing on Centre Street. After passing through two traffic signals Holy Name Church will be on the right; the Holy Name Parish School and Parish Hall and Msgr. Charles Finn Hall are to the right of the rotary.
Exit 14 and follow the directions for Route 95/Route 128 Southbound.
Route 95/Route 128 Southbound:
Take Route 9 East (exit 20A). Drive approximately 3.7 miles to Hammond Street (landmark—Exxon Station) turn right. Continue 0.9 miles to rotary. Go ¾ way around rotary onto Newton Street (toward Putterham Meadows golf course.) Continue straight ahead, then bear right up hill. Continue through the traffic lights and ½ way around each of the next two rotaries, onto the West Roxbury Parkway. Continue on West Roxbury Parkway through set of traffic lights to a third rotary. Holy Name Parish Hall is on the right; Holy Name Church is on the left.
Route 95/Route 128 Northbound:
Exit 15A North toward Dedham. Drive approximately 1.3 miles northbound. Bear right onto Washington Street toward Roslindale-Forest Hills. Drive 2.4 miles (approximately 7 sets of traffic signals). As you pass St. John Chrysostom Church on your right, you should be in the far left lane. As you approach the traffic signal, this will be the intersection of West Roxbury Parkway/Enneking Parkway. Note: A small street sign will identify West Roxbury Parkway and a large street sign will identify Enneking Parkway. Landmark would be CVS Pharmacy ahead on the right. Take the dedicated left-hand turn onto West Roxbury Parkway. Follow West Roxbury Parkway for 1 mile through two sets of traffic lights and continue to rotary. Holy Name Church is on the right and Holy Name Parish School is on the left.
Directions to St. Mary Parish
205 Washington Street, East Walpole
- From 128/I 95 (either direction):
- Take exit 15B, Route 1 South.
- Go 5 miles.
- Just past Super Stop and Shop on right and Building 19 on left, take right at light (Union Street).
- Go to end of Union St (0.8 mile), take left onto Washington Street.
- St Mary’s Parish Hall and parking lot will be on the right.
- “Restaurant 204” is on the left, across the street.
Directions to St. Susanna Parish Center
Saint Susanna Parish Center; 262 Needham Street; Dedham, MA 02026
- From the North
- 128 South to exit 18, Great Plain Avenue / West Roxbury.
- Take a right onto Great Plain Avenue which becomes Needham Street.
- Travel one mile and Saint Susanna Church is on the right.
- From the South
- 128 North to exit 18.
- Take a left onto Great Plain Avenue which becomes Needham Street.
- Travel just under one mile and Saint Susanna Church is on the right.
Directions to St. Theresa’s School
Monsignor Donahue Hall, St. Theresa School, 30 St. Theresa Avenue, West Roxbury
- From South of Boston, exit at Exit 15A (Dedham, To Route 1A).
Proceed past BJ’s.
Continue past the Dedham Mall, Toys ’R Us and other shops.
A fair distance after the McDonald’s and Burger King, Fontaine’s Chicken will be on your right.
At the next big intersection, go right onto Spring Street. The West Roxbury VA will be on your left after you make the turn.
- From North of Boston, exit at Exit 18, Needham/West Roxbury (Great Plain Avenue).
After 3/4 mile, bear left at St Susanna’s Church (now on Needham Street).
After another 3/4 mile, Needham Street ends; left onto Bridge Street (easy left, not hard left).
Continue straight through light at VFW Parkway; now on Spring Street.
- Take Spring Street and stay in the right lane.
You will eventually pass Shaw’s on the left.
At the next light Spring Street ends and becomes Centre Street. At this light you (stay in the Right Lane) slightly bear Left (don’t turn Left and don’t turn Right - aka “a Boston straight”) and take your next right turn at the Church onto St. Theresa Avenue, the street before the large stone church.
Then, take a left turn into the parking lot.