Parkway Concert Orchestra presents a Holiday Pops Concert on December 2 in East Walpole
St. Mary's Parish will present The Parkway Concert Orchestra in its Holiday Pops Concert on Sunday, December 2 at 3:00 p.m. at St. Mary's Parish Center Auditorium, 205 Washington Street, East Walpole. Guest conductor Elijah Langille conducts the 50 piece non-profit orchestra in classical and pops holiday favorites for the entire family, including Waltz of the Flowers, 'A Children's Overture' by Roger Quilter, Christmas at the Movies, and Wassail Dances. Proceeds from the concert support the Father Donald R. Delay Service Recognition Award program.
Tickets will be on sale starting November 14, and are $10 per person in advance, $15 per person at the door, or $80 for a table of 10. Doors will open at 2:30 p.m. Call 508-668-4974 to reserve your tickets.
- Piotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Waltz of the Flowers (from The Nutcracker)
- Frederick Delius
- Sleigh Ride
- Arranged by Bob Krogstad
- Christmas at the Movies
- Home Alone – How the Grinch Stole Christmas – Miracle on 34th Street – The Polar Express - The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Philip Lane
- Wassail Dances
- Vivace – Andantino – Vivace
- Arranged by Bill Holcombe and Carson Rothrock
- Festive Sounds of Hanukah
- Rock of Ages – Who Can Retell – Hanukah, Hanukah – My Dreidel – S’Vivon – Hanukah O Hanukah
- Leroy Anderson
- A Christmas Festival
- Joy To The World — Deck the Halls — God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen — Good King Wenceslas - Hark! The Herald Angels Sing — Silent Night — Jingle Bells — O Come All Ye Faithful
- Arranged by Bob Krogstad
- The Bells of Christmas
- Carol of the Bells – Ding! Dong! Merrily on High – I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day – Jingle Bells – Silver Bells
Guest Conductor Elijah Langille
Elijah Langille is the Music Director of the SSC Youth Orchestras. He is an avid educator and conductor throughout Massachusetts, currently conducting the New Bedford High School Orchestras and Christ Church Chamber Orchestra. He currently sings with the Tanglewood Festival Choir, performing at venues like Boston’s Symphony Hall, Carnegie Hall, and the Koussevitzky Music Shed, under prominent conductors such as Andris Nelsons, Keith Lockhart, and Bramwell Tovey. Recently, Elijah was a conducting fellow at the Carter-Glennon International Masterclass, studying with renowned conducting pedagogue Markand Thakar.
As the organist of Christ Church Parish, Plymouth, he is in charge of the instrumental activities at the parish, creating the Christ Church Chamber Orchestra (CCCO) in 2018, performing Beethoven's Symphony No. 1 and Mozart's Ave Verum Corpus. Elijah consistently brings musicians together of different styles and backgrounds, creating a unique experience. Elijah also conducted the Junior SEMSBA Orchestra in 2017 and the Senior SEMSBA Orchestra in 2016.
Elijah studies conducting with Michael Ellis Ingram, the Korrepetitor, and Kapellmeister of the Mecklenburg State Theater in Schwerin, Germany. As a graduate of Gordon College, he had the opportunity to study with experienced and talented conductors such as Dr. David Rox and Dr. Walter Pavasaris.